Hard drive is nothing but a magnetic disk on which you can store the computer data. The term hard is used to differentiate it from a soft, or floppy, disk. Hard drives are used in order to hold more data and are faster than floppy disks. A hard disk drive, for instance, can store anywhere from 10 to more than 100 gigabytes, whereas most of the floppies have a maximum storage capacity of 1.4 megabytes. Hard disks are sometimes called as Winchester drives; Winchester is the name of one of the popular hard disk drive technologies developed by IBM.
Sometimes, you may lose the data from the hard drive because of accidental formatting or improper formatting. But, you don’t have to worry as you can easily recover the data lost with the help of data recovery software. Now, let’s discuss about some data loss scenarios on hard disk drives. They are highlighted below
- Due to error in the file system conversion: The errors which occur during the file system conversion may be the other reason which is responsible for the data loss in the hard disks.
- Due to third party tool: Improper third party tool is also one of the reasons which is responsible for the data loss in hard disk.
- Due to improper formatting, you may lose the data: The data can be deleted or lost from the hard drive due to improper formatting or reformatting procedure i.e. formatting or reformatting the hard drive without proper data backup. The up gradation of the OS in the absence of data backup will lead to loss of data in hard disk.
- Due to crashed hard disk: Whenever you’re hard drive crashes or boot improperly because of any reason, then the data which is stored in the hard drive becomes inaccessible.
- Due to partition conversion: The data from the hard disk drive could be lost while converting a partition from basic to dynamic or vice-versa.
- Due to some unexpected conditions: Sudden power failure or forcibly turning off the system while the data transfer process is in progress might lose the data in the hard disk drive.
If you have already lost the data from the hard drive then follow some precautions in order to avoid the data loss .i.e. you should stop using the hard drive further, just after the data loss is experienced. This action ensures that the data lost will not get overwritten with new contents. Because once the lost data gets overwritten it can not be recovered by any data recovery tool.
With the help of hard disk data recovery software, you can restore the deleted or lost data from the formatted /reformatted external hard drives. It also restores the data deleted due to re-installation of Windows OS. This tool also supports the data retrieval on the hard disks like Fujitsu, Maxtor, Samsung, Western digital and Toshiba. You can download this tool for the recovery results.