iPod is one of the major products of Apple Inc. They are just like any other portable media devices. iPods serve as multimedia devices just like other digital music players. They are mostly used to play and store songs, videos and images. Apples iTunes software is used to load and transfer files into iPods. They come with different storage capacities varying from few MB’s to GB’s. Imagine losing your favorite audio and video playlist from your iPod by accidentally deleting the files. How would you feel about it? You might try to search for it, but in vain. At such times, recover my iPod software comes into rescue. With the help of this software, one need not worry about recovering the deleted songs and videos from iPod.
Now you will be wondering how it is possible to recover already deleted songs. Once a song or any file is deleted, it does not get erased from the memory. Only the space that was occupied by the file is made as re-usable. The file is not visible to the user but it is actually present in the memory till any other file is written onto freed space. So, next time don’t worry if you delete or lose data from any storage device. But you will have to act quickly and recover the files before it gets deleted permanently. Because once any data is written on to the drive after deletion, the files may be overwritten and it is impossible to recover data at that point.
How data loss occurs?
- Unintentionally selecting and deleting a wrong audio file while deleting unwanted songs is one of the most common reasons for file loss from iPod Classic or any other model.
- Spyware or virus attacks on the iPod can cause loss of songs and videos on iPods.
- When you connect your iPod to the system and transfer songs with the help of iTunes, you may get errors like iPod cannot be synced.
- Accidentally formatting can also lead to deletion of all the songs and videos on the iPod.
- Due to virus attack, your iPod disk structure might get corrupted. Because of corrupted disk structure all the songs present in iPod might get corrupted and it might not respond properly
- While transferring songs from PC or laptop to the iPod, if the hardware suddenly stops working and the system gets terminated automatically then data may be lost on the iPod.
- When you connect the iPod to virus infected system, then the audio and video files in the iPod may also get affected. At such times all you have to do is format the iPod and you may lose all the data in it.
Procedures to recover songs from iPod using recover my iPod software
Step 1: Download and install recover my iPod software from the internet.
Step 2: Once you are on the home screen, you will find three options:
- Recover files
- Recover songs/videos/photos
- Recover drives
Step 3: Select the appropriate option depending up the type of files lost or deleted
Step 4: For instance, if you want to recover songs, click on the second option.
Step 5: Now select iPod from which you have to perform the recovery from the available drives list
Step 6: Click on “Next”.
Step 7: Now the software scans gives you more detailed recovery options:
- Quick recovery- performs fast and quick recovery
- Advanced recovery- performs complete drive recovery
- Custom recovery- you can choose the files to be recovered
Step 8: Click on the suitable option. In this case select custom recovery as you want to recover only the deleted songs.
Step 9: Now select the file types you want to recover. Here it is audio files i.e. .MP3, .AVI etc
Step 10: After the scan is complete you can view the recovered files in the “file type view” page. You can view the recovered songs from your iPod.
Step 11: Now this software gives you an option to select the songs you want to recover. You can also use “select all” option and recover all the songs.
Similarly you can recover all other file types like video files, photos and documents using recover my iPod software. Data loss can be avoided by taking precautionary measures but few scenarios are uncontrollable and may occur unexpectedly.
Features of recover my iPod tool
- This tool supports recovery of audio, video and image files from different models of iPod like iPod Classic, iPod Mini, iPod Shuffle and iPod Nano.
- Using this software one can easily recover songs and videos from formatted iPod.
- Recover my iPod makes use of powerful recovery algorithm which helps in scanning and recovering lost/deleted files from the entire drive within few minutes
- This software helps you in recovering deleted music from iPods i.e. audio file types like MP3, WAV, AVI, etc.
- It also helps in recovering deleted video files like MP4, MOV and image files like JPG, GIF, PNG
- This software works on different versions of Windows OS like Windows XP, Windows XP pro edition, Windows 2003, Windows 7, Windows 8.1 etc.
- Along with Windows, it also supports Mac OS like Mac OS X 10.5.X, Leopard, Mountain Lion, Snow Leopard, Lion, Mavericks and Yosemite and many more
NOTE: Since this is demo software you can only view the files recovered. To restore the recovered files you will have to buy the full version. So user can check how the software works and view the files that can be recovered. If he is happy with the performance and recovery, he can go ahead and buy the full version. Users need not perform the recovery again after purchasing the full version. You can save the recovery session from the demo version and later use that session to restore the lost/deleted files.